Handling Workplace Conflict
Access Time: 30 Days
This course introduces the various forms of conflict that can arise in the workplace and presents strategies that managers can use to help deal with conflict situations. It includes video commentary from an expert in the field and presents some fictitious real-world scenarios that allow learners to practice applying the skills and strategies discussed throughout the course.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Identify the different types of conflict in the workplace
- Describe some of the major causes of workplace conflict
- Discuss the Thomas-Kilman model of conflict
- Consider your personal conflict style and compare it to other styles
- Identify various conflict behaviors in the workplace
- Explore conflict resolution strategies
- Discuss best practices for handling difficult employees
- Describe what constitutes dangerous conflict and consider methods for handling risky situations
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners with some management experience.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 5-6 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.