Access Time: 30 Days
Perhaps you have been in charge of your finances since you started working an after school job in high school, or maybe you are suddenly feeling overwhelmed with allocating the salary from your first job out of college. No matter what your financial situation is, it is important to understand how to handle your money. This course will familiarize you with the basics of budgeting, credit, saving, and investing.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Manage your personal finances confidently
- Explain what a budget is
- Understand why budgeting is important
- Set financial goals
- Create a budget
- Identify how to eliminate needless expenses
- Monitor and adjust your budget as necessary
- Have a grasp of what credit is and how to improve yours
- Utilize different methods for saving money and covering expenses
- Understand the investment options available to you
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is intended for college students or recent graduates who want to learn how to better manage their money.
Level/Preequisits: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3 hours
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
- Read all course materials and complete all course activities.
- You must complete the course with all required test scores of 70% or greater