Introduction to Data Analysis
Access Time: 30 Days
Whatever your profession. Whatever your field. As a professional, and certainly as a leader, you will be asked to make a decision based on data. This course will introduce the different types of decisions made in an organizational setting, why quantitative analytics is important and how quality data can affect decision making. Since quantitative analytics is used in various settings, this course also offers insight into how research is used in different sectors and how it varies accordingly. From a management perspective, the course highlights appropriate methods on a case by case basis, and ways to ensure quality and accuracy through design.
After completing this module, you should be able to:
- Explain why quantitative analysis and analytics is important in decision making
- Explain the types of decisions that can be made analytically in an organizational setting
- Describe different decision making models and tools
- Identify the fundamental concepts of measurement including levels of measurement, reliability and validity, errors, measurement and information bias
- Explain how quality data affects decision making (GIGO principle)
- Describe methods of ensuring the quality of data
- Evaluate techniques for ensuring accurate research design
- Describe how research is used in different settings: business, education, health care, the military, government, nonprofits
- Explain data management techniques including transforming data, recoding data, and handling missing data
- Apply appropriate decision making techniques to a specific case
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners who are interested in data analytics.
Estimated time to complete: 5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
- Read all course materials and complete all course activities
- You must complete the course with all required test scores of 70% or greater