Statistical Process Control
Access Time: 30 Days
When implemented with careful attention to collaborative data management and decision making, quality management can help deliver value and quality to customers and stakeholders. It can also enable data-driven decision making that helps organizations gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace. This course will introduce the basics of quality management, explaining the difference between quality control and quality assurance, providing methods for application of analysis, showing different applications of the Seven Basic Quality Tools. It all culminates in a brief case study, which illustrates the concepts covered.
After completing this module, you should be able to:
- Describe principles that help guide quality management activities
- Use the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle to coordinate work and implement change
- Explain the differences between quality control and quality assurance
- Create a SIPOC diagram to help visualize work as a process
- Explain the role that metrics and statistics play in measuring and controlling work processes
- Apply analysis and planning approaches to quality
- Explain how the Seven Basic Quality Tools are used to monitor and control quality processes
- Use the Seven Basic Quality Tools to process and sort non-numerical data
- Use the Seven Basic Quality Tools in combination to create powerful plans and solutions to quality problems
- Describe various quality management programs
- Employ quality management tools based on a brief case study
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners who are interested in data analytics.
Estimated time to complete: 5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.