Access Time: 30 Days
This course covers the information technology life cycle, as well as information and data classifications. The titles and positions of those responsible for information security within an organization will be discussed, as security involves the full support of everyone in an organization, from corporate-level personnel down to front line employees. Various security controls will be described that help protect privacy, along with data leakage prevention (DLP).
The content in this course aligns with Domain Two in the CISSP exam, offered by (ISC)2. However, the course can be taken as a stand-alone without the intention of sitting for the exam.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the role of asset security and discuss its key themes
- Discuss the information life cycle and explain how information and data are classified
- Compare the various titles and roles of those involved with information security within an organization.
- Learn about data and information privacy and how to protect privacy
- Compare different data retention and destruction methods
- Explain several methods for countering data leakage
Target Audience: This course is designed for IT professionals and other adult learners who are interested in information technology security, with an eye towards handling real world scenarios.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.