Security and Risk Management
Access Time: 30 Days
This course contains a discussion of the role of governance and risk management in information security. It looks at the policies and standards that are needed to operate an effective information security function and to oversee good information security practices. The course also includes a look at how modern organizations manage information security risks and how to conduct a risk analysis. It concludes by examining the process for providing information security training and education.
The content in this course aligns with Domain One in the CISSP exam, offered by (ISC)2. However, the course can be taken as a stand-alone without the intention of sitting for the exam.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Discuss the concept of security governance and understand the job of overseeing data security
- Describe the role of policy and procedure documents in information security
- Understand the key principles and terminology of information security governance and risk management
- Discuss different management practices for overseeing an effective information security function
- Identify common information security risks and threats
- Describe the process for conducting a risk assessment
- Understand the data classification process and properly classify data according to security needs.
- Explain the process for providing information security training and education
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is designed for IT professionals and other adult learners who are interested in gaining an introduction to information technology security.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.