Security Assessment and Testing
Access Time: 30 Days
This course contains a discussion of security assessment and testing, focusing on potential disruptions that can affect organizations and how they can be addressed with assessments and plans. Students will have the opportunity to practice how to assess the impact of disasters that may arise as well as to develop their own versions of these plans.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Relate the many potential disasters and disruptions that can impact organizations and their information systems
- Describe the steps required in conducting a business impact assessment*
- Explain the difference between a business continuity plan and a disaster recovery plan*
- Discuss different recovery strategies and how they fit into disaster recovery planning
- Understand the business continuity organization and its responsibilities
- Prepare a business continuity and disaster recovery plan
- Discuss how organizations test their BCPs and DRPs, and perform different exercises to prepare for disruptions
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is designed for IT professionals and other adult learners who are interested in gaining an introduction to information technology security.
Level/Prerequisites: Intermediate/Requires some basic understanding of IT concepts
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
- Read all course materials and complete all course activities
- You must complete the course with all required test scores of 70% or greater