Access Time: 30 Days
This course contains a detailed overview of security operations: administrative controls, trusted recovery and change and incident management. This course establishes a foundation in auditing, monitoring and detection in information security.
The content in this course aligns with Domain Seven in the CISSP exam, offered by (ISC)2. However, the course can be taken as a stand-alone without the intention of sitting for the exam.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the role of security operations and discuss its key themes
- Discuss several administrative controls and explain how they can improve information security*
- Compare different security controls and explain how they work
- Identify trusted recovery techniques
- Relate the steps required in effective incident management and response
- Discuss the role of auditing, monitoring, and detection in information security
- Describe the steps involved in a digital forensics investigation
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is designed for IT professionals and other adult learners who are interested in gaining an introduction to information technology security.
Level/Prerequisites: Intermediate/Requires some basic understanding of IT concepts
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.