Software Development Security
Access Time: 30 Days
This course covers software development security, while focusing on the systems development life cycle, operating systems and their environments. Additional topics include the role of various databases in security and how to recognize and guard against attacks on software. Students will have the opportunity to apply application security controls.
The content in this course aligns with Domain Eight in the CISSP exam, offered by (ISC)2. However, the course can be taken as a stand-alone without the intention of sitting for the exam.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Discuss the role of security in software development
- Explain the systems development life cycle and compare its eight stages
- Understand what the operating system is and how it works
- Describe different application and operating environments
- Discuss the role of databases in information security and identify different database types
- Apply several application security controls
- Recognize several software-based attacks and describe methods to guard against them
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is designed for IT professionals and other adult learners who are interested in gaining an introduction to information technology security.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.