Compliance and Operational Security Scenarios
Access Time: 30 Days
This course contains a discussion of the role of security governance and risk management in information security. It looks at the policies and standards that are needed to operate an effective information security function and to oversee good information security practices. This course also features a number of fictional scenarios based on compliance and operational security.
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Discuss the foundational concepts of security governance (the CIA triad) and understand the job of overseeing data security
- Describe the role of policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines in information security
- Understand the types of security controls that an organization can employ and the concept of defense in depth
- Discuss ethical, regulatory, and privacy issues as they relate to information security
- Discuss different management practices for overseeing an effective information security function
- Identify common information security risks and threats
- Describe the process for conducting a risk assessment
- Identify the purpose and components of a disaster recovery plan and business continuity
- Understand the role of auditing and testing in information security governance
- Identify common threats and vulnerabilities
- Provide appropriate guidance in response to real-world scenarios that highlight compliance and operational security problems
Target Audience: This course is designed for IT professionals and other adult learners who are interested in information technology security, with an eye towards handling real world scenarios.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.