Threats and Vulnerabilities Scenarios
Access Time: 30 Days
This course examines the process of identifying and mitigating threats and vulnerabilities in information systems. It covers common categories of threats and vulnerabilities and the resources used to detect them. This course also features a number of fictional scenarios based on threats and vulnerabilities.
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Discuss the role of governance and auditing in identifying threats and vulnerabilities
- Identify common vulnerabilities and how penetration testing and other methods can reveal them
- Explain how threats and vulnerabilities factor into risk analysis and lead to differing risk management strategies
- Describe the difference between quantitative and qualitative risk analysis
- Evaluate different security controls such as firewalls, IDS, IPS, antimalware and patch management
- Identify common threats and other attacks on networks and their hosts
- Respond appropriately to threats and vulnerabilities raised in real-world scenarios
Target Audience: This course is designed for IT professionals and other adult learners who are interested in information technology security, with an eye towards handling real world scenarios.
Level/Prerequisites: Intermediate/Requires some basic understanding of IT concepts
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.