Application, Data, and Host Security Scenarios
Access Time: 30 Days
This course covers the security of applications, data, and hosts in information systems. It provides a comprehensive examination of software development and change management. This course also features a number of fictional scenarios based on real-world application, data, and host security.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Discuss the role of security in software development
- Explain the software development life cycle and compare its eight stages
- Understand what the operating system is and how it works
- Describe different application and operating environments
- Discuss the role of databases and the information security challenges they raise
- Understand the various vectors for attack
- Explain the objectives of Trusted Recovery and the concept of system hardening
- Recognize the need for physical security and the varying means of achieving it
- Apply security concepts to real-world scenarios highlighting the need for application, data, and host security
Target Audience: This course is designed for IT professionals and other adult learners who are interested in information technology security, with an eye towards handling real world scenarios.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.