Access Control and Identity Management Scenarios
Access Time: 30 Days
This course introduces the principles of access controls, beginning with the central modes of information security and continuing through various attacks and defenses. It provides an overview of Identity Management and the resources used on modern-day information systems, including Web and cloud-based ones. This course also features a number of fictional scenarios based on real-world access control and identity management.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Identify the four types of information access controls
- Describe different identification methods and technologies
- Discuss different components of Authentication, Authorization and Accounting
- Describe common access control models and mechanisms
- Explain the technologies used in single-sign-on systems
- Identify common access control attacks and countermeasures
- Provide appropriate guidance in response to real-world scenarios describing Access Control and Identity management challenges.
Target Audience: This course is designed for IT professionals and other adult learners who are interested in information technology security, with an eye towards handling real world scenarios.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.