Accounting and Finance for Entrepreneurs
Access Time: 30 Days
This course provides an introduction to key topics in accounting and finance for those involved in new ventures. It reviews financial accounting basics, including GAAP Principles and financial statements, and also covers key issues in finance, broadly defined as any financial or monetary activity that involves a company.
The course covers these topics:
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Rules of Double-Entry Accounting
- The Accounting Cycle
- Relationship of Financial Statements
- Financial Planning and Budgets
- Calculating the Master Budget
- The Cash Budget
- Pro Forma Financial Statements
- The Financing Plan
- Evaluating New Ventures
- Break-even Analysis
- Return on Investment and Payback Period
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners interested in gaining a basic understanding of the finance involved in entrepreneurship.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
- Read all course materials and complete all course activities
- You must complete the course with all required test scores of 70% or greater