Business Law for Entrepreneurs
Access Time: 30 Days
This course covers the basics of business law for an entrepreneur. It reviews legal structures for a new venture, intellectual property, employment law, contracts, government regulation, and personal and real property.
After completing this course, you should be able to discuss the following topics:
- Legal Environment
- Sole Proprietorships
- Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Partnerships
- S Corporations and Limited Liability Companies
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Trademarks and Trade Secrets
- Employment Law
- Forming a Contract
- Contracts and Fraud
- Sales Contracts
- Taxation and the Employer's Responsibilities
- Government Regulation
- Personal Property
- Real Property
- Transfer of Real Property Ownership
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners interested in gaining a basic understanding of the law of entrepreneurship.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
- Read all course materials and complete all course activities
- You must complete the course with all required test scores of 70% or greater