Access Time: 30 Days
In this course, you will learn about the process of selecting the best candidate from a large, diverse pool of high-quality applicants. Based on D. Quinn Mills' book, Principles of Human Resource Management, the course discusses how to conduct an effective job interview, asking questions that elicit relevant information, and avoiding questions that might be seen as discriminatory. You will also consider how to discover more about a candidate through the use of reference checks, background checks, and testing.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Conduct an effective job interview
- Analyze a candidate pool and identify the most qualified candidate given a job description and requirements
- Decide what additional tests—if any—should be administered to candidates for a specific job
- Deal productively and sensitively with internal candidates for a job opening
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Use of the HRCI Seal: The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
- Read all course materials and complete all course activities
- You must complete the course with all required test scores of 70% or greater