Talent Management and Career Development
CEUs: .5 | HRCI Credits: 2 | SHRM Credits: 2
Access Time: 30 Days
Drawing on material from Harvard Business School professor D. Quinn Mills' book, Principles of Human Resource Management, this course covers the challenges and issues that organizations face in developing and retaining their employees.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand and effectively communicate the value of a career development program
- Describe the five stages in the career life cycle (Beginning, Developing, Mid-Career, Mastery and Maintenance, Retirement), and the needs an employee has at each stage of the cycle
- Explain why career management has become important to employers and employees
- Outline the tools for career development (training, education, job rotation, transfers, overseas assignments, mentoring, networking, volunteer work, formal career planning)
- Understand the issues HR departments face with career management
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Use of the HRCI Seal: The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
- Read all course materials and complete all course activities
- You must complete the course with all required test scores of 70% or greater