Leaders and Work-Life Balance
Total PDUs/Contact Hours: 5
Access Time: 30 Days
This course addresses the question of work-life balance, one which is of great importance to leaders in all settings. Based on D. Quinn Mills' book, Leadership: How to Lead, How to Live, a text used at Harvard Business School, this course looks at methods and techniques to reconcile work and family. You will also consider the question of personal fulfillment and the needs and demands of leadership.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the major sources of work-life balance conflict
- Discuss the myths about work-life balance - including the "make time later," division of labor, and "quality time" myths
- Identify strategies to achieve balance, including balancing by week, over a year, and via a short career
- Recognize ways to maintain work-life balance
- Examine what defines personal fulfillment
- Identify those significant elements that play a role in a leader's life
- Identify nine ways of viewing life's choices
- Develop and complete a Personal Work-Life Balance Plan
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners seeking to improve their work/life balance and/or managers interested in promoting balance in the work place.
Prerequisites: Learners should have some basic knowledge of, and experience with, managing and leading within an organization.
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
- Read all course materials and complete all course activities
- You must complete the course with all required test scores of 70% or greater