Leading and Managing Change
Access Time: 30 Days
Whether adopting new technology or adapting to a drastic shift in an organization's core focus, managers play a fundamental role in effecting changes. Based on D. Quinn Mills' book, Leadership: How to Lead, How to Live, a text used at Harvard Business School, this course addresses the key issues managers face in a dynamic environment. By understanding the steps in effecting change and how to overcome resistance, a manager can successfully lead change at various levels of an organization.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Discuss organizational change and the forms it can take
- Describe Kotter's Eight Step Process recommended for implementing change successfully
- Outline Lewin's model of change and discuss its limitations
- Identify the factors a leader or manager can employ to promote change
- Discuss the underpinnings of resistance to change and how to overcome it
- Describe the five-step ADKAR model for change management
- Discuss the three steps of the Cisco Change Roadmap
- Understand strategic change and mastering a changing environment
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners and/or managers.
Prerequisites: Learners should have some basic knowledge of, and experience with, managing and leading within an organization.
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
- Read all course materials and complete all course activities
- You must complete the course with all required test scores of 70% or greater