Access Time: 30 Days
This course addresses the key issues surrounding leadership in a team. Why is it important? What does it require for a team leader to lead his team effectively? Based on D. Quinn Mills' book, Leadership: How to Lead, How to Live, a text used at Harvard Business School, this course considers how team leaders must account for the special and unique circumstances of working in a team, where responsibility, accountability, communication, and leadership are shared.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- List and identify the key characteristics and types of teams
- Recognize the benefits and challenges of empowered teams that leaders need to be aware of
- Identify differences in the primary and secondary roles filled by empowered teams and team leaders
- Recognize the key sources of motivation for empowered teams
- Explain Tuckman's model of team development
- Recognize the key qualities and skills of a team leader
- State the value of using the "checklist for team leaders"
- Recognize and apply suggested approaches for managing conflict in teams
- Discuss the different approaches needed for leading virtual teams
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners and/or managers.
Prerequisites: Learners should have some basic knowledge of, and experience with, managing and leading within an organization.
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
- Read all course materials and complete all course activities
- You must complete the course with all required test scores of 70% or greater