Access Time: 30 Days
One of the more precious resources a manager has is his or her time. Managers can become more effective by employing time management and scheduling techniques, delegating, outsourcing key tasks, and employing technology. Effective time management helps managers achieve their goals.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- State the key outcomes and goals of effective time management
- Assess your attitudes about your relationship to time and time management
- Employ a time log in ascertaining how you spend your time
- Recognize the common causes of procrastination and identify ways to eliminate your own procrastination
- List the key attributes of effective (SMART) goals and recognize the importance of establishing personal and professional goals
- Identify the key principles of time management (organization, prioritization, and planning) and some common methods for prioritizing tasks (ABC Method and the Eisenhower Method)
- Identify the value and purpose of common time management tools, including scheduling systems (activity logs, action plans, to do lists)
- Differentiate key characteristics of Action Plans and Task Lists
- Identify the steps in the delegation process and recognize guidelines for appropriate task delegation
- Identify strategies for handling daily tasks and distractions, such as e-mail, phone calls, and other interruptions
- List the guidelines for planning effective meetings
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners in any profession who have an interest in more effectively and efficiently managing their time.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
- Read all course materials and complete all course activities
- You must complete the course with all required test scores of 70% or greater