Handling Difficult Employee Behavior
Total PDUs/Contact Hours: 10
Access Time: 90 Days
This course is designed to prepare managers to deal with troublesome and difficult behavior by employees. By effectively addressing, coaching, and counseling employees, you can improve their behavior and improve morale, staff retention, productivity, and teamwork. This course uses videos to illustrate each behavior type so that you can more easily apply the techniques to your current work environment. Focusing on dealing with the behavior (not the person), tools and techniques for positive change are clear and well-defined.
The course covers these topics:
- Discuss the importance of addressing difficult employee behavior
- Describe a six-step model for handling conversations about difficult behaviors
- Apply practical tips for handling conversations about difficult behaviors
- Recognize the common 12 difficult employee behavioral types:
- the Complainer
- the Disorganized Employee
- the Procrastinator
- the Inflexible Employee
- the Unmotivated Employee
- the Overly Sensitive Employee
- the Overly Confident Employee
- the Manipulator
- the Social Skills Challenged Employee
- the Overly Social Employee
- the Needy Employee
- the Bully
- Describe the 12 difficult behaviors, their causes and motivations, and their consequences
- Outline best practices for handling the 12 difficult behaviors
- Apply best practices to workplace scenarios involving the 12 behavioral types
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners with some management experience.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 10 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
- Read all course materials and complete all course activities
- You must complete the course with all required test scores of 70% or greater