Access Time: 180 Days
Lean Basics describes the core concepts and central principles practitioners will need to successfully understand and apply Lean strategies to organizational operations.
This self-paced course provides instructional material that explains the underlying philosophy and theory of effective Lean implementation. Key ideas are presented in an easy-to-understand format, with interactive and integrative exercises to help learners better understand the foundational elements of a Lean application.
Case studies and video segments from experienced Lean professionals provide real-world advice and counsel for participants, while educational aids and review assignments assist in the comprehension and retention of course material, to ensure proficiency and mastery of critical knowledge and information.
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the key principles and practices of an effective Lean approach
- Describe the benefits that a Lean application can provide to organizations, supply chains, and value streams
- Assess the impact of culture in Lean environments
- Illustrate the role that just-in-time and jidoka standards play in Lean implementation
- Formulate strategies for eliminating the waste and non-value-added activities in work systems and processes
- Explain how the interconnectivity of Lean concepts leads to continuous advancement and breakthrough improvements in the workplace
Note: After successful completion, you will receive 10 PDUs/contact hours. Successful completion means completing all assignments in the course, and scoring a minimum of 70% on the course assessment.
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners seeking Lean knowledge.
Prerequisites: It is helpful, but not required, for learners to have some experience in project management.
Estimated Time to Complete: 10 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
- Read all course materials and complete all course activities
- You must complete the course with all required test scores of 70% or greater