PMP® Exam Prep Course
Total PDUs/Contact Hours: 38.5
Access Time: 180 Days
This completely online and self-paced project management program builds successful project managers at all levels of the organization. It provides a comprehensive preparation for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification exam including exam-taking tips, 12 comprehensive module quizzes, five process group tests, and two full-length, 200-question practice exams covering the areas of interest from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide), which will provide a report to help you determine your areas of weakness.
This course aligns with the PMBOK® Guide Fifth Edition. (The PMBOK® Guide is not included in the cost of this course and must be purchased separately.)
Taking advantage of online interactivity, the course utilizes vocabulary games, crossword puzzles, flashcards, ordering games, drag-and-drop activities, and other interactive components to help you master the material. The course also contains video segments of project management professionals who offer advice and best practices to help prepare for the situational-type questions on the PMI® certification exam.
The course also allows you to submit a question via the Ask the Expert link, providing access to project managers who will assist with any problems you may have within 24-48 hours.
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Recognize how enterprise environmental factors and organizational process assets affect how projects can be managed
- Explain the five stages of a project life cycle and illustrate how these stages can overlap in time
- Demonstrate how to create a project management plan with subsidiary plans for each of the knowledge areas and explain how progressive elaboration and integrated change management can keep these documents effective and relevant
- Explain the overlapping nature of project activities and practice Project Integration Management to coordinate the various project management processes
- Illustrate how a project's various baselines (including scope, cost, schedule, quality, risk, procurement, and others) are determined, planned for, and managed
- Recognize how to effectively manage human resources and communicate with all stakeholders
- Explain the key methods used to estimate project schedule and cost at the beginning of a project and to forecast cost and schedule variances at any time during the project
- Identify key project stakeholders and continuously engage them in appropriate project activities
- Describe how the project management knowledge contained in the PMBOK® Guide can be used in practice
Note: After successful completion, you will receive 35 PDUs/contact hours to qualify to take the PMI® Project Management Professional® Exam. Successful completion means completing all assignments in the course, and scoring a minimum of 70% on the second 200-question practice test.
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners interested in preparing to take the PMP® exam.
Prerequisites: Learners should have some experience in project management and will need to have access to the Project Management Institute®'s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition.
Estimated time to complete: 35-40 hours of online course work
MindEdge Guarantee: Learners who pass this course's final self-assessment (Practice Exam #2) with a score of 70 or higher on their first attempt, but who do not pass the PMI® PMP® exam, will be able to take the MindEdge PMP® test prep course again for free. To be eligible, students must take the PMI® PMP® exam within 45 days of completing the MindEdge course and passing the MindEdge practice exam.
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course requires the Project Management Institute®'s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Trademark and Service Mark Information: Project Management Institute, PMI, the Registered Education Provider logo, Project Management Professional, PMP, Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, PMI-ACP, PMI Risk Management Professional, PMI-RMP, the PMI Talent Triangle, and the PMI Talent Triangle logo are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Intellectual Property Information: Information in this course has been taken from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) — Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2013.