PMP® 3 - Project Scope Management
Total PDUs/Contact Hours: 3.5
Access Time: 30 Days
This course was designed as a supplemental study guide for the major content areas of Chapter 5 of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition. In this course, you will consider many of the key issues surrounding Project Scope Management.
This course aligns with the PMBOK® Guide Fifth Edition. (The PMBOK® Guide is not included in the cost of this course and must be purchased separately.)
This course contains video segments of Project Management Professionals (PMP)® who offer advice and best practices to learners. By submitting a question via the course's Ask the Expert link, you get access to project managers who will answer your questions within 24-48 hours.
Taking advantage of online interactivity, the course contains a vocabulary game, flashcards, and other activities to help you master the material.
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define scope and explain how to create a project scope statement
- Explain the different methods, tools, and techniques for collecting requirements
- Assess the work that needs to be completed for a project to successfully fulfill its objectives
- Create a work breakdown structure and WBS dictionary
- Describe how a requirements traceability matrix can be used to trace project requirements throughout the project's life cycle
- Describe where scope baselines and performance measurement baselines come from and how they are used to evaluate the success of a project through its life cycle
- Complete project review reports and lead meetings
Note: After successful completion, learners receive 3.5 PDUs/contact hours. Successful completion means completing all assignments in the course and scoring a minimum of 70% on the assessment at the end of the course.
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners with some project management experience.
Prerequisites: Learners should have some experience in project management and will need to have access to the Project Management Institute®'s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition.
Estimated time to complete: 3.5 hours of online course work
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course requires the Project Management Institute®'s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Trademark and Service Mark Information: Project Management Institute, PMI, the Registered Education Provider logo, Project Management Professional, PMP, Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, PMI-ACP, PMI Risk Management Professional, PMI-RMP, the PMI Talent Triangle, and the PMI Talent Triangle logo are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Intellectual Property Information: Information in this course has been taken from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) — Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2013.
- Read all course materials and complete all course activities
- You must complete the course with all required test scores of 70% or greater