The Manager's Toolbox: Business Nuts and Bolts
Total PDUs/Contact Hours: 5
Access Time: 30 Days
The Manager's Toolbox is a suite of online courses designed for the new manager. New managers face challenges every day that they have likely never encountered before. The Manager's Toolbox seeks to give the learner a head start on managing issues correctly and professionally with less stress and fewer negative organizational circumstances. The courses will offer learners an explanation of the managerial mindset that all managers and leaders must adopt to succeed.
There are a number of managerial factors that are vital in managing and leading. Becoming a better manager or leader is directly connected to how well you can master them. The course contains detailed explanations, best practices, and key questions on 18 managerial and leadership factors including video advice from D. Quinn Mills, Albert J. Weatherhead, Jr. Professor of Business Administration, Emeritus at Harvard Business School.
After careful consideration of the relevant and reference managerial and leadership factors, learners are given a series of video-based scenarios and asked to consider how they would handle the challenges presented for the most optimal results.
In this course, The Manager's Toolbox: Business Nuts and Bolts, learners focus on the following managerial and leadership factors:
- Administering policies and procedures
- Controlling expenses
- Dealing with direct reports
- Dealing with superiors
- Leading others
- Planning and budgeting
- Recruiting, training, and developing employees
- Solving problems
Upon completion, learners are given a summary of what they've learned for quick reference while at work.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Inhabit the managerial mindset
- Understand what employees want from their jobs
- Understand how managers lead
- Recognize the components of a manager's job: enforcing policies and procedures, controlling expenses, dealing with subordinates and superiors, planning and budgeting, recruiting and developing talent, and solving problems
- Implement the qualities that make an effective leader
- Address real-world managerial problems in customer service, cost budgeting, cost cutting, and vendor relations
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners interested in improving their management and leadership skills.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 2 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
- Read all course materials and complete all course activities
- You must complete the course with all required test scores of 70% or greater