Effective Public Speaking
Access Time: 30 Days
Confidence is a key to delivering an effective speech or presentation. This two-module course, Effective Public Speaking, helps you to develop the skills you'll need to become an outstanding and confident public speaker. It reviews the seven stages of public speaking through games, interactive exercises, and videos. The tools and techniques in this course can ensure that you'll excel when speaking in any situation, from the start of your speech or presentation to its successful end.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Describe the seven stages of giving a speech or presentation
- Discuss the elements of establishing your purpose for speaking (Stage One)
- Recognize the need to consider your audience (Stage Two)
- Describe how to develop your central message (Stage Three)
- Explain how to employ evidence in supporting your main points (Stage Four)
- Discuss how to craft your speech (Stage Five)
- Explain how to rehearse for your speech (Stage Six)
- Describe techniques for delivering your speech (Stage Seven)
- Recognize best practices for employing slides in your presentation
- Describe key techniques for dealing with speech anxiety
- Discuss how to handle difficult questions
- Describe effective responses when things go wrong
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners interested in improving their public speaking.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 4-6 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
- Read all course materials and complete all course activities
- You must complete the course with all required test scores of 70% or greater