Effective Emails, Memos, and Letters
Access Time: 30 Days
Communicating clearly and concisely in written formats like email, memos, and letters is very important in a workplace setting. This course, Effective Emails, Memos, and Letters, will help you improve your use of these common business communication vehicles by providing best practices and effective tips and techniques.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize when it's appropriate to use an email, a memo, or a letter
- Explain the parts of an email, a memo, and a letter, and format each so that the communication is effective
- Consider primary and secondary uses for the email, memo, or letter
- Explain how to facilitate both primary and secondary uses
- Create a sample email, memo, and letter employing best practices
Preview a few course pages by clicking through the slideshow below:
Target Audience: This course is intended for adults seeking to improve their skills in creating emails, memos, and letters in a workplace setting.
Level: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course.
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
- Read all course materials and complete all course activities
- You must complete the course with all required test scores of 70% or greater